- 15: The percent of middle-income Americans planning to buy a vehicle in the next year.*
- 5.6: Percent U.S. auto sales through the first quarter of 2015 are already up.**
- 25: Percent that credit union new-auto loan balances are up for the year (plus, used-auto loan balances are up more than 15 percent for the year).***
- May 19: Date of our “What Matters Now™: Car Buyer Insights from Middle-Income Americans” free Webinar that puts credit unions behind the wheel when it comes to driving value for millions of consumers.
Join us for a new webinar on Tuesday, May 19, that provides insight into what drives middle-income car buyers. The webinar offers research, tips and strategy designed to help credit unions enhance the member experience through the auto purchase path from end-to-end.
This webinar is especially timely for credit unions according to our What Matters Now™ research which expands on the numbers and statistics above.
It's free for credit union professionals and offers the the following:
- The current state of the car-buying market, including consumer insights – specifically, the preferences and behaviors of middle-income Americans (current and potential credit union members).
- Strategies and tactics credit unions can use to support and add value for members through the car-buying experience.
- An understanding of the purchase path - the researching, lending, buying and insuring—and how credit unions can be a part of this process.
“Credit unions can add value to their members’ car buying journey,” said Steve Hoke, director of loan growth products for CUNA Mutual Group. “It’s important to consider how the continued growth of online everything – from researching, lending, buying, and insuring – impacts when and how you interact and reach your members as they shop for cars.”
The webinar includes a focus on adding value to the member experience with loans. It also provides examples of how we are helping credit unions deliver member value during the loan process.
“It’s a great time to get new insights into what makes members tick,” said Stephen Arnold, vice president of TruStage for CUNA Mutual. “The car buying process and the financial situations for credit union members have increased in complexity in recent years. We are focused on helping credit unions by providing auto insurance coverage through a proven program.”
The webinar is held at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. CT on May 19, and concludes with a live Q&A session.
Register here, or go to: www.cunamutual.com/highlightseries.
*GfK Mediamark Research & Intelligence, LLC, 2013 MRI Doublebase, as provided by Hiebing.
**Fox News. “Car-Buying Frenzy Lifts AutoNation to 1Q Beat.” April 22, 2015.
***CUNA Mutual Group. Credit Union Trends Report April 2015 (February 2015 Data).
Protecting more than 15 million members, TruStage insurance products and programs include, auto, home, life, accidental death and dismemberment and health insurance. They’re available to credit union members across the U.S. and offer compelling and successful ways to build financial security for their families. Credit union members seeking more information can contact TruStage at 888.888.0375.